Real-Time Surface Inspection
Transition from quality control to quality assurance.
- Identifying defective products in a production line is a labour-intensive and costly process.
- Estimate of quality-related costs as high as 15%-20% of sales revenue.
- The European Commission estimated that in some industries 50% of production can be scrapped due to defects.
- Even a small variation in production processes or materials can make the entire production run defective.
- This system is designed to catch and resolve product, packaging, or surface defects in real time with automated defect inspection systems, on high-speed production lines via:
- Reliable detection of surface features
- Predict probability of defect formation
- Optimization of product quality through continuous feedback/adaptation measures (AI)
Type of detectable features
Defects on different types of surfaces: steel, stone, textile, wood and ceramic tiles
- Line width violations
- Spacing violation
- Excess copper
- Missing pad
- Short circuits
- Hole breakage
- Wrong mounting components identified